If an entity wishes to connect to the SDN, the first step is to contact MedCom and have a dialogue about the SDN. Contact details at the bottom of the page.
Some of the questions which are usually discussed are:
- What is the SDN used for?
- Which technical connections to the SDN must be established? Read more about connections and infrastructure.
- Possible financial clarifications. Information about financing is found (pdf in Danish only)
- Next steps, e.g. signing a connection agreement (see below)
Connection Agreement and Data Processor Agreement
On connection to the SDN, a connection agreement for the use of the SDN and a data processor agreement must be concluded:
The Data Processor Agreement comes in two versions:
- Data Processor Agreement which is concluded directly between the Data Controllers and MedCom as the Data Processor. I.e. between regions, private hospitals, municipalities. The Data Processor Agreement can be found here (pdf).
- Sub-data Processor Agreement between Data Processors and MedCom as Sub-Data Processor. I.e. between e.g. medical system suppliers and dental system providers. The Sub-Data Processor Agreement can be found here (pdf)
The following two appendices are included in both:
- Appendix 1: Data Processor Instruction: This is incorporated as an appendix to the Data Processor Agreement / Sub-Data Processor Agreement
- Appendix 2: Sub-Data Processor: This appendix will be forwarded separately when the agreement is concluded (in Danish)
The Data Processor Agreement has been prepared on the basis of a common public sector template to be used in connection with data processor agreements between the healthcare sector parties, including MedCom. The template is firmly anchored in the joint public sector system management of healthcare IT solutions (FSI).
Questions about joining or the finance model?
Telephone: (+45) 6543 2030
Jesper Søderberg Knudsen